Another Pillsbury Recipe tweaking. This is a Dlish Dishing WINNER!!!!!!
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
2 tbsp. oil ( I use canola)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 medium sweet or vidalia onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1-9oz. box chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
1-8 oz. container sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp.garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese (6 oz.)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll pie crust and press firmly against bottom and up sides of glass pie plate. Prick bottom of crust all over and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook till tender approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Stir in bacon, chicken and spinach; be sure to combine well. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to a large bowl.
3. Stir sour cream, salt, garlic powder and pepper into spinach mixture until well blended. Stir in cheeses.
4. In small bowl, beat eggs and whipping cream with fork until well blended. Gently fold into spinach mixture until well blended. Pour filling into pie crust.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges of crust are golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe was such a hit that I was ask to make 3-4 more.