Today felt like a soup day and it was perfect cause I had lots of fresh veggies that needed to get cooked before going bad. As they say “Waste not, want not” and I love making my own food as it allows me to know what exactly is in each dish. Did you know the best time to be creative in the kitchen is when you try to come up with a dish based on ingredients on hand. Exactly how this came about, veggies needing to be used not sitting unloved in my refrigerator. In showing these veggies some love meaning prepping them to have a party in my tummy as they say on “Yo Gabba Gabba” this delicious soup came to life. And who says you need recipes. This soup will allow variety as it can go over couscous, rice, risotto, pasta or beans. The featured image shows it over couscous as it is what I had for lunch and then for dinner I ate it again with Basmati rice.
- 8 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 tall celery sticks, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 7 med.-large kale leaves
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (can also use yellow, red, or mix all 3)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup vegetable puree
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Note: table salt and kosher salt are not equal.
- Add first 7 ingredients to the pot and cook till veggies are tender (approximately 30-45 min).
- add last 3 ingredients
- Eat your soup as is or pour over a bed of rice or option of your choice.
I hope you find your Vegetable Kale Soup as comforting and D’Lish as I did and till next time “IT’s Been D’Lish Dishing with Ya’ll!”