The smell of a kitchen is distinctively different when everything’s homemade and while cooking up this pot of colorful beauty the house was smelling so delicious. I couldn’t help but to think of my grandmother who was an amazing cook. This dish actually came out much better than expected you’ll find everything you need to know to redo this meal listed below.
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small bundle of asparagus (trim ends)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (stem removed an seeded)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (vegan cheese option)
- Using a medium saucepan heat broth over medium heat; once it comes to a simmer reduce to low heat to keep it warm.
- While that’s warming take a large pan place on medium heat. When hot add 1tbsp. oil, asparagus and bell pepper to skillet and saute about 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining tbsp. of oil and add shallots to pan. Saute 1-2 minutes until softened looking slightly brown.
- Add Arborio rice cook for a minute; remember to occasionally stir.
- Add wine and gently stir cooking about 1-2 minutes until liquid absorbs.
- Ladle in the broth 2-3 ladles at a time allowing the risotto to return to a simmer each time before adding more broth. You want the risotto to cook however you don’t want it to boil or it will cook too fast and become gummy. Also remember to stir occasionally.
- When all the broth is gone and rice is cooked “al dente” should take about 15-20 minutes remove rom heat and stir in parmesan cheese and the cooked vegetables.
It’s Been D’Lish Dishing with you hope you find this meal as delicious as I did. Here is what I did with my finished pot!