Good Afternoon, I’m just sitting here with the family chating about world issues such as the value we place on unimportant and irrelevant things. While also watching these two squirrels chase each other up and down the tree, which is a regular occurrence in our yard. So we’re having our regular Sunday brunch and the meal wasn’t as plentiful on this day however that’s no reason to cancel for it’s not about the food it’s about coming together spending time and being thankful; like Thanksgiving. Yes I said Thanksgiving; why should it only be one day a year. Just think about it for a minute. Wow makes since huh.
So what was on the menu you say? Strawberry muffins, scrambled eggs, smoked turkey sausage and coffee for the grown & sexy, lol as well as chocolate milk for the wee little ones. We had to wait extra long for my honey as he is the head since he injured his foot hooping out the youngsters at the basketball court.
All in all its been a great mid morning with the family. My eldest son came in the kitchen to help make the whip cream while I finished the eggs. Note if your mouth is watering for Strawberry muffins the recipe is below.
Here is what you’ll need:
– 1 cup sugar
-3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
– 1/2 cup Chobani Vanilla Greek yogurt
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp. Baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
– 1/4 tsp. Salt
– 16 oz. (1lb.) Strawberries, cut up
– 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin pans w/ cooking spray
2) Combine in bowl sugar and butter. Beat w/ mixer on high until light and fluffy. Add yogurt and eggs; beat until blended. Add vanilla.
3) In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter mix, beat then fold in strawberries.
4) Fill muffin pans and bake till nicely brown and can put toothpick through and comes out clean.
-Makes 1 1/2 muffins-
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Until next time it’s been Dlish dishing with ya’ll!